Venues

I feel like a lurker on this discussion, but I can't think of any great
venues in Chicago for klezmer.  Concerts are rarely booked through here....If
at all, maybe at the North Shore Center for the Performing Arts
(www.northshorecenter.org), 9501 Skokie Blvd.
 Skokie, IL 60077, (847) 679-9501.  Every two years there is a big Jewish
Music fest called the Greater Chicago Jewish Arts Festival, sponsored by
volunteers under the name "POCET."  They generally bring in one or two big
acts.  You can contact them at www.pocet.org or write info (at) pocet(dot)org
or write
P.O. Box 5215, Skokie, IL 60076  Phone: 847-933-3000.

If anyone in the klez world is coming through and lets us know ahead of time,
we'd love to have them sit in with the band at one of the restaurant venues
that we play.  (Margot Leverett is doing that with us tonight...)

Lori
Maxwell Street, Chicago

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->