Re: venues [Seattle]

Thanks for a great idea, Lorele!

Here are a few websites that might give you some leads for Seattle, WA:

Tractor Tavern
(somewhat funky but lots of national and local acts appear here)
http://www.tractortavern.com/
or
http://tractortavern.citysearch.com/
5213 Ballard NW
(206) 789-4250
Contact: Dan
>From the booking info at the above site:
MAIL DEMO PACKAGE [see web site for details] TO:
Tractor Tavern, Attn: Booking, 5213Ballard Ave NW, Seattle, WA 98107

Seattle Club Listing
http://www.americanmusic.com/seattle_club_listing.htm
Lots of venues here--a couple or so may be relevant.

A couple of nice smaller concert halls would be:

the 540-seat Illsley Ball Nordstrom Recital Hall at Benaroya Hall:
http://www.benaroyahall.com/
(a newer hall, right downtown--very live acoustics--some use the word
"unforgiving")

and

the auditorium at the Museum of History and Industry (MOHAI) (not elegant
but probably reasonably priced):
http://www.seattlehistory.org/
McEachern Auditorium (392 seats)
http://www.seattlehistory.org/FrontDesk/events.htm#Special%20Event%20Facilit
ies
Museum of History & Industry
McCurdy Park
2700 24th Avenue East
Seattle, Washington 98112-2099
United States
MOHAI's Special Events Office: 206-324-1126; email:
specialeventsfacilities (at) seattlehistory(dot)org(dot)
Museum Phone -  Voice: 206-324-1126
Fax: 206-324-1346
Staff Direct Line 206-324-1685 (type in two-digit extension # after message)

You could also check out the Seattle Folklore Society site:
http://www.seafolklore.org/
Seattle Folklore Society
P.O. Box 30141
Seattle, WA 98103
(206) 528-8546
info (at) seafolklore(dot)org

One idea would be looking into doing a house concert in Seattle. The SFS
site (above) has several links for house concerts at:
http://www.seafolklore.org/folknw.html
Check out the links, as I can't vouch for them myself. Here are the listings
(minus the links):

House Concert Series:
    Broadview, Seattle
    The Living Room, Lynnwood
    Maison Gateau, Phinney Ridge/Ballard
    Cat Hair, Wallingford
    The Living Room, Orcas Island
    Musi-Cal house concert search, Pacific Northwest
    Karen's, Edmonds
    Chez What?, Bellevue
    Winslow Cohousing Group, Bainbridge Island
    Leavenworth Coffeehouse

Looking forward to hearing about other places,

Sandra

Sandra Layman
sandralayman (at) earthlink(dot)net
Violinist