Re: Ipcha Mistabra

OK Lorele,  I must honor the challenge.  But I'm no linguist, and in my

Ipcha Mistabra is an old fashioned expression used in Israel. It probably has
something to do with studying the Talmud.

Aramaic is close to Hebrew, with many of the same roots.  Ipcha, or Hipcha, is
from the root Hey, Fay, Chaf.  Hafooch in Hebrew means upside down or inverted.
 Hahefech means the opposite, the contrary.

Mistabra is related to the word Mistaber, which means -  "probably", "turns out
to be", or "it seems that...".  Put the two together and you get something like
-  "turns out to be the opposite of what you are saying".

Shabbat Shalom,
Shirona

* * *  Singer / Songwriter and Teacher of Jewish Music * * *
          www.shirona.com

          Listen to Shirona's music on:
          www.mp3.com/shirona