Re: Yiddish Theater

In a message dated 4/25/1 1:42:08 PM, wiener (at) mindspring(dot)com writes:

<< I was hoping that you'd respond when I asked my question.

Would you recommend any particular anthology?

The old Banner recordings are good sources of specific tunes. There were many
GRC recordings at one time -good luck getting any now --though "technically"
they are still available....even though I have been waiting for almost a year
to get specific titles.

There are still some CDs available by Aaron Lebedeff- a MUST have.

I have  a few cassettes of "32 World Famous Artists Sing Oldies of the
Yiddish Theater- 90 Minutes of the Fines Jewish entertainment." with
narration by Seymour Rexsite & Miriam Kressyn.

There are 3 CDs by the Berstein Family now available, as well as 2 by Max
Perlman who unfortunately, has been largely forgotten--though still
remembered in Europe.

Also, still have odds and ends on cassettes --never to be had again-- by such
artists as Ludwig Sats, Michal Michalesko, Miriam Kressyn and more. Also have
a few unusual VIDEOS!
For further info on this subject , plese TELEPHONE (do not emial) at
323)655-7083
Simo
Hatikvah
www.hatikvahmusic.com