Re: meanwhile, back at Ellis Island . . .

on 2/28/01 9:24 PM, Lori Cahan-Simon at l_cahan (at) staff(dot)chuh(dot)org
wrote:

> So, here's a question.  Why don't all the people who know their names were
> changed from something change it back to what it was originally?  Okay, I know
> last names were imposed upon us in the first place, but Sean Ferguson, for
> cryin' out loud!?!?!?
> Lorele

I've recorded over 30 albums in the last 20 years with my assimilated last
name, so it could be tricky for my listeners/fans to find my previous work
if I change my name now. As it is, I'm obscure enough without doing that.

Seth

--
Seth Austen

http://www.sethausten.com
emails: seth (at) sethausten(dot)com
klezmusic (at) earthlink(dot)net

"Without this complete freedom for the artist to create according to his
impulses, [music will] tend to provide the public with what is understood
with least effort. Under such conditions, music becomes a mere amusement or,
as totalitarian governments seem to wish, a drug." ?Roger Sessions