Truth in Advertising (Was Re: Kol Ishah)

Khaverim --

I've never weighed in on this issue before for the simple reason that
anyone on this list knows that I review any and all Jewish music --
obviously I listen to women singers and treat them with the same respect
or lack thereof that I do men. And I'm not going to get into it now,
either.

(Although I will respond to Winston's remark here -- having just done a
Torah Study group on Parshat Yitro, I have to correct you, friend.
Miriam and the women "dance" at the Reed Sea. In fact, according to some
of the commentaries we read, this distinction is the reason that the
rabbis argued in favor of the idea of Kol Ishah in the first place.)

I have a nit to pick albeit a small one (aren't all nits small? Never
mind). As threads split off into multiple directions, can't people
please retitle their postings to accurately reflect their departure from
the main argument? Yeah, I know this is really trivial, but it would
make my life slightly easier and maybe other list members too.

George (no nit too small, no boulder too large) Robinson

George Robinson
Author, Essential Judaism
Please visit my website, "Essential Judaism and Beyond"
at www.GeorgeRobinson.freeservers.com