Re: Klezmer "bootlegs"?

Budowitz Website: http://www.budowitz.com

Regarding Brian and Yakov's comments on bootlegging:

I am often asked by archives, libraries, radio stations, reviewers, schools
and internet organizations to donate my recordings to them in the mutual
interest of allowing more viewers to be exposed to our music, which in turn,
they say, will help me get better known and help spread the music as well.
One radio station even asked me to donate 20 records to give to their
listeners as gifts when those listeners supported the station with
donations. I was sincerely touched by their generosity toward their
listeners.

Since a musician's income is derived from the very limited spheres of
performing, teaching and from a small amount of recording sales, I have a
great idea, which I'm sure you will greet enthusiastically:

We will lend you a free recording of your choice for perpetuity , and in
return, you lend us a small donation of17 dollars for the same length of
time. I'm convinced that with such a modest arrangement, both your listeners
and the creative musicians will feel warm and cozy. Let me know where to
send, and I'll provide you with my account number. Postage costs on me.
Yours, Josh Horowitz