Re: CD burner

----- Original Message -----
From: "Yakov (Koby)" <kchodosh (at) suffolk(dot)lib(dot)ny(dot)us>
To: "World music from a Jewish slant" <jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org>
Sent: Thursday, January 18, 2001 2:51 PM
Subject: Re: CD burner

On Wed, 17 Jan 2001 07:45:35 -0500 (EST), you wrote:

>Tee hee.  Actually, if you ever need to ensure destruction of a CD,
>and want a little fun too, take a paper cup, put an inch or two
>of water in it, place the CD on top of that, and microwave for
>just a few seconds. You'll know when its done.

What does the water do? I've put AOL cds in the microwave but w/o water

Yakov.

Microwaves in ovens are at a frequency that is strongly absorbed by water.
Hot water makes steam, and that heats the CD.

At least, that is ythe "gedank" experiment.  Haven't actually tried it, but
I will with the next CD I make that comes out wrong.