RE: denotation of "album"

yes, absolutely, I use the term "album" in my music journalism all the time,
interchangeably with "records," "recordings," etc.

It's a perfectly good word used to describe a full-length recording (as
opposed to a "single" recording) and just because the technology has changed
doesn't mean we have to throw it out.

Seth Rogovoy
author of "The Essential Klezmer: A Music Lover's Guide to Jewish Roots and
Soul"
newly arrived from Algonquin Books of Chapel Hill
http://www.algonquin.com/catalog/pagemaker.cgi?1-56512-244-5
"invaluable" -- New York Times, 8/28/00