Re: New member -- Hi all! (Question at bottom)

On Wed, 27 Sep 2000 19:13:14 EDT, you wrote:

>So I got into Klezmer four years ago when my mom (a hebrew school principal)
>that.
> They got a big-ass arts grant
>
>btw, frank london's klezmer brass allstars is the S**T... so is "ballin' the
>jack," f.l.'s jazz group
> >>
>Evidently your mom is a Hebrew School principal in a "very progressive"
>Hebrew school.

Too progressive for their own good... I won't say more because the Jewish
community is small and word gets around. But in the end they fired her and now
she has a much better-paying job in Queens (Forest Hills Jewish Center) except
there ain't no klezmer band.

To clarify what I said above, I saw Frank London's two groups at unrelated
concerts in NYC.
The KBA were at a free outdoor Workman's Circle 200th or 100th or something
aniversary. Adrienne Cooper was singing with them. I could have died right
there. (BTW she was also working at my the shul my mom worked at before,
administering the grant, and of course kickin' it old-school at the 'matics
concerts.) I saw Ballin' The Jack at the Brooklyn Academy of Music's BAMcafe`.

- Koby the Interactive Bear
http://www.geocities.com/pdestructo
Rare Cartoon Network MP3s
http://www.igadget.com/igadget/kobintalbear.html
Buy your very own Koby The Interactive Bear!
"DO YOU LIKE BATMAN?  WELL, HOW ABOUT A LOT OF MONEY?" -Trevor