Re: New member -- Hi all! (Question at bottom)

on 9/27/00 6:15 PM, Koby the Interactive Bear at kchodosh (at)
suffolk(dot)lib(dot)ny(dot)us
wrote:

> Hi everyone, this is Koby Chodosh from Long Island. I'm sixteen years old -- a
> senior in high school. Here's a little introduction to myself...
> (There's a question at the bottom that's actually relevant to the list)
>

> ***
> Thanks for reading this far! Now I have a question: Where's the best place to
> get remastered versions of Ye Olde Klezmer Masters like N. Branwein and D.
> Tarras? Does such a thing even exist?

Hi Koby, and welcome. Nobody was doing klezmer when I grew up on Long Island
(Sea Cliff, on the north shore, not too far from you), oh well.

Rounder did a reissue CD of Naftule Brandwein and also one of Dave Tarras,
Global Village also did two volumes of Tarras. Of special interest are the
tapes that Kurt Bjorling has produced of both of these players (cuts that
aren't on the other commercial releases).

I agree, Frank London's Klezmer Allstars are great.

Seth

--
Seth Austen
please visit me on the web at http://www.sethausten.com