RE: Klezmeritis in Australia (Does the Health Dept. know about this?)

Hi all,

Just a quick run-down on the differences between the medical
terms  "itis" and "osis", as in "Klezmeritis". etc.

"Itis" refers to an inflammation, or irritation of a tissue or organ.
"Osis" refers to the disease of a tissue or organ.

Therefore, "Klezmeritis" would suggest an irritation or inflammation
of the Klezmer.  (An irritated Klezmer?)

This is wrong. As we all know, Klezmer does not irritate us, though it
might inflame us slightly. More likely, we all suffer from __Klezmerosis__
-- a disease that happily affects us all and for which,  thank G-D, there
is no cure.

Hopefully, we'll never have to complain,
"Oy, es tut meer vay der Klezmer azoy!"

Notwithstanding the Klezmeritis/Klezmerosis,
Zai Gezunt.

Ed Sieb