HUMOR (?) (PG+ rated) Re: Half-Speed Listening Devices

In his hysterical book on advertising, Jerry Della Famina recounts the tale
of a particularly flaky employee (who, e.g., showed up at 3:00 p.m. or
something like that cause that's when his girlfriend woke him; when Jerry
asked if he'd ever heard of an alarm clock, he supposedly replied, Have you
ever blanked an alarm clock, which I, at least, thought was pretty funny
assuming--please!--that nobody's offended)--*anyway,* this guy was trying, I
think after D. F. fired him, to get a lease on a semi-professional apartment
and asked Della Famina to write him a reference, to which D. F. replied:  "I
will be glad, anytime, anywhere, to attest that you are indeed a
semi-professional."

--rlc

P.S.  Please send protest letters, if any, to Wm, Bennett or our brother in
faith, Joe Lieberman.  Thank you!!