Re: A question to the yiddish speakers

Dear Michal,

This may a bit off the compass of what you're asking, but the outdated
American English for that Yiddish phrase is "Says he."  ("Sez he," as it
gets written in the funny-papers).  The more confrontational expression
is "Sez you!"  meaning, "that's what you say, but I differ and also have
no respect for you."

Owen  (Sez me!)

--
Owen Davidson
Amherst  Mass

The Angel that presided oer my birth
Said Little creature formd of Joy & Mirth
Go Love without the help of any King on Earth

Wm. Blake