Re: "the goldene medina"

Since no one else has responded (at least on list), I'll jump in.

Markos Vamvakaris, born in 1905 on the Greek island of Syros, was a well
known composer/singer of Piraeus style Rebetika music. Since I only work
with Asia Minor style Rebetika, I don't offhand know which song this comes
from, but it's not to hard to find out, if you still want to know.