Re: Dancing the slow hora

I think Owen's exactly right -- and I think his "leading the beat"
identifies a problem with Brandwein's playing that you don't get in, for
example, Dave Tarras.  I think Brandwein's "time" is often ambivalent or
slippery.  I'm not sure he knows exactly how he wants to play the thing.
(Henry may have a more technical view for us.)  It *feels* right for it to
be stately, but perhaps one of the true historians on the list has a
scholarly response.