Re: Dancing the slow hora

Helen,

I took a look at your web page for the description of hora steps that you
got from Jacob Bloom. The words "one step per measure" stood out to me. It
seems to me Erik Bendix, and John Parrish of Chicago, both taught a variety
of hora steps, going anywhere from one to three steps per measure (don't
know how much of this has authentic roots).

Pursuing the discussion that we had just previous to this, another
interpretation of "R-L-R-and,L-R-L-and...(Long-short-long-and)" would be
where "Long-short-long-and" takes two measures instead of one. That would
be a much more comfortable pace. It would be nice if we could get some
input from Michael Alpert on this.

Matt