Re: Oscar Peterson, Canadian

Jeffrey Miller states:

In a message dated 5/25/00 9:13:18 AM, jefmil (at) interlog(dot)com writes:

>and he really made it with a Carnage Hall appearance in 1949, as
>well as by working with Norman Granz, I think (a Jewish impresario I talk
>about in that article I mention;

Yes, indeed. Norman Granz was the impresario behind the wonderful series
entitled "Jazz at the Philharmonic" which toured a great deal in the late 40s
early 50s. I still have some JATP 78s at my parent's home. His earliest trio
(piano, bass, and electric guitar) was modeled after Nat "King" Cole's trio
(who was an outstanding jazz pianist before he started singing so
beautifully--but I digress).

Best wishes,
Steve

Steve Barnett