Re: Oscar Peterson, Canadian

I don't think he has any direct connection to Nova Scotia (do you know,
Wolf? I can't find any mention in the Canadian Encyclopedia), but of course
he's extremely well-travelled.  I assume he was all over the place even as a
youngster -- his father was a railway porter out of Montreal, which figures
very prominently in his psyche, as a matter of pride and some anger, both.
I was being provocative before, of course: I think of him as American,
myself, although he was chancellor of one of the universities I attended in
Canada, and he really made it with a Carnegie Hall appearance in 1949, as
well as by working with Norman Granz, I think (a Jewish impressario I talk
about in that article I mention; I'm trying to find it) in Calif.