FW: Private Specialized Recordings Collections

> Reyzl: Shoah

I have no idea how many Holocaust-related records we have, but we have a
very large collection of Yiddish 78s and 33's - about 130-200 records.
  (We got all of YIVO's 4th and 5th copies of their records.)  We also have
about 80-120 Yiddish cassettes, but not that many CD's, and not that much
contemporary klezmer recordings.   The Yiddish records span a wide range
and there are many very special and rare recordings.   I used to buy
recordings at the NYBC and Workmen's Circle Bookstore sales.   Don't have
much patience to look through thrift shop holdings, but I have found some
things there.   Not much Yiddish there though.

What is very special here is the large Yiddish music book collection we
have.   These are books and original Yiddish music my husband bought or
inherited from a variety of sources.  There is also a large Boiberik music
archive that includes many plays and performances he wrote and composed in
the 10 years he was music director there.   He claims he doesn't have
everything, but what do I know about that.  (The full/real archive is at
YIVO.)   We also have at least 20+ inchs of copies of Yiddish song sheets
Josh used when he taught music in the Columbia summer program or used.
  There are is also a very nice classical, folk, opera, and world music
collection.  We have about 2,000 Yiddish books.

I think I still have Frank Sinatra 78 to give away if anyone wants.

I am sure that others here have larger collections.

Please don't ask to borrow things.   If I had time I would copy the 78 on
cassettes, but have never gotten to it.  I would also gain a whole closet
if I were to get to that.

Reyzl