Re: Publications Showing the Jews to be Khazars and Not Israelites

Go to:

http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/

which is the home page for this site.  They clearly have their own agenda
here as regards Jews and Judaism which is to delegitimize the people and
the religion.  I don't know much about the Khazars, but this isn't the
place I'd go to find out.

By the way, my edition of "The Concise Jewish Encyclopedia", edited by
Cecil Roth has this:

"A national group of Turkish origin who lived along the lower Volga in the
region of the Crimea.  During the 8th century their king Bulan and some
4,000 of their nobles adopted Judaism.  The state religion was Judaism,
although the Jewish element of the population always constituted a
minority.............The Khazars, who had been a powerful tribe, were
defeated by the Russians in 1083.  Thereafter they declined rapidly, and
after the Tartat invasion of 1237 they disappeared, leaving few traces."

Aaron Bousel
abousel (at) mindspring(dot)com

(413) 549-7316 (voice)
(413) 549-7399 (voice & fax)