Re: Influence of Jewish on Christian chant

When this list is good, it's GOOD. Exchanges like this are the principal
reason why I subscribe.

Thank you Judah, Eliott and others that responded to my query.

B'shalom,

Joel

P.S. I'll ask Ari if we can now stay up late and have dessert!   ;-)

At 08:19 PM 3/27/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Judah:
>
>Thank you for your thoughtful, intelligent response. I wanted to check a
>few of these sources before responding. Comments below.
>

>At 11:30 PM 3/20/00 -0500, you wrote:
>>Eliot,
>>
>>First things first:  I want to clarify that I make no overtures to say that
>>Christian monophonic chant is NOT derived from Jewish chant.  Rather, I
>>assert that there is not enough evidence to prove anything definitive in
>>either direction.

<snip>

Joel Bresler
250 E. Emerson Rd.
Lexington, MA 02420 USA

Home:           781-862-2432
Home Office:    781-862-4104
FAX:            781-862-0498
Email:          jbresler (at) ma(dot)ultranet(dot)com