RE: Need Yiddish Vocabulary for Music, and Off-topic reply

Reyzl,

flazsholet=flageolet= A small flutelike instrument with a cylindrical
mouthpiece, four finger holes, and two thumbholes (per the AHD)

My real question...

Does anyone know of a multi-lingual dictionary of the names musical
instruments? I need to translate instrument names from many different
languages, and don't always know the terms.

Sorry if this has already been covered; I've not really followed this thread.

Best,

Joel

Joel Bresler
250 E. Emerson Rd.
Lexington, MA 02420 USA

Home:           781-862-2432
Home Office:    781-862-4104
FAX:            781-862-0498
Email:          jbresler (at) ma(dot)ultranet(dot)com