Re: Klezmer is dead

Folks, take heart. Just make excellent music and you will
attract  listeners. Consider yourselves fortunate that you live in a time
when your music could possibly go out and embrace the greater public. As
misty-eyed as the purists may get for our rich ghetto culture--and it was
rich--don't ever forget there were settlement, occupational, and even
clothing restrictions against us. We live in a time of tolerance that in
Jewish history may only be rivalled by the Golden Age of Spain.

Don't worry about the trends; just make beautiful music.

Eliott Kahn