Re: Klezmer is dead

In a message dated 2/20/00 12:13:20 AM Eastern Standard Time,
heckertkrs (at) juno(dot)com writes:

<<
 BTW, does anyone know anything about the instrumentation on the old Ben
 Zion Shenker Modzitz tapes from the 1980's? >>
Which old Ben Zion Shenker Tapes? The original Modzitz Vol. 1, 2, and 3, etc.
and the Joy of the Land and Joy of the Sabbath etc. tapes are from the late
50's and 60's. Rachel, are you a musician in the NYC area? Let me know. By
the way, inasmuch as two Klezmer bands I am playing trumpet with are about to
come out with recordings, I certainly hope Klezmer is not dead! (Shameless
plugs to follow)

Jordan Hirsch