Re: Klezmer is dead

On Sat, 19 Feb 2000 05:30:00 EST Khupenikes (at) aol(dot)com writes:
> >4. Henry Sapoznik's terrific klez book came out in Dec., and not a
word on it yet in the >major print media. (And not much talk about it on
this list either, for that matter).

> ...so why don?t you just start talk again? and help keeping at least
klezmer  music?s last, pitiable documentation alive... :-) >
> Christian

Hey, I'll be more than glad to talk about it - just as soon as I have a
job again and can afford to buy it - and if anyone's willing to loan me a
copy, even sooner.  (The job I was supposed to have just fell through.
Probably as a gam zu l'tovah :-)  - it was working as a substitute
teacher in the NYC public school system.)

BTW, does anyone know anything about the instrumentation on the old Ben
Zion Shenker Modzitz tapes from the 1980's?

Rachel Heckert
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.