Re: Polish Jewish Music query

>I am presenting a concert to the Polish Consulate, and they have asked me to
>focus on Polish Jewish music of the klezmer and Yiddish stage.

The question is, what makes it "Polish Jewish music" in the eyes of the
Polish Consulate and guests? Until now, the suggestions have been based on
what originated in Poland, or was assumed to have originated in Poland.
What about music that was known to be in Polish Jewish repertoires,
regardless of origin?

You could look in some of the old compilations for location of recording.
For example, on the Folklyric 7034 cd, there is a Doina and a Romanian
fantasy, both presumably originating in Romania, but both recorded in
Poland. There is also Haneros Haluli, recorded in Poland by H. Steiner -
whom Zev Feldman's informant Mr. Hescheles said had produced the best
recorded examples of Polish Klezmer that he had heard. Steiner also
recorded something called "Potpourri Juddischer Melodien", that is on one
of Kurt Bjorling's Jewish Violinists tapes.

Matt