Re: Polish Jewish Music query

I have no hard evidence on Varshever Freylekhs, but when I used to do
international folkdance there were many polish dance tunes that had the
same feel as Varshever, especially the third section.

By the way, Re: Gebirtig.  Fraidy Katz and the Klezical Tradition created a
wonderful program of Gebirtig songs called "Der Zinger fun Noyt."  I hope
they have more opportunities to perform it and to record it.

Zayt gezunt (be healthy),

Yosl (Joe) Kurland
The Wholesale Klezmer Band
Colrain, MA 01340