-----Original Message-----
From: owner-jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org
[mailto:owner-jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org]On Behalf Of Ryna Kedar -
Mekatleget for music lib.
Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2000 1:47 AM
To: World music from a Jewish slant
Subject: Re: Chana Szenes

Dear Katherine,
Our library has settings of 4 songs written by Chana Szenes other than the
2 you mentioned.

1. Le'achim (To Brothers), music by Avraham Daus. (In: Zemer La'am (12
Folk Songs): General Federation of Jewish Labour in Israel, Dept. of
Education and Culture, 1959) Series 2, no. 21.
2. Lamut Tse'irah (To die young), music by Shulamit Lifschitz.
(In: Pizmonim Batsameret. Tel-Aviv: Subar Music Pub. Co., c1971)
3. Lamut (same words as above), music by Mordechai Ze'ira. (In "Od Shir
Echad: songs by Mordechai Ze'ira. Tel-Aviv: Mifalei Tarbut Vechinuch,
1984)
4. Lu Bata (If you had come),   - " -
5. Kol karah li (I was called), music by Emanuel Amiran (In: Kol Kara Li,
Mifalei Tarbut Vechinuch, 1984)

I hope this helps.

Ryna Kedar
Head, Acquisitions & Cataloging Division
The Felicja Blumental Music Center & Library
Tel-Aviv, Israel

On Fri, 21 Jan 2000, Katherine Breslow wrote:

> Does anyone know of settings of poetry by Chana Szenes, besides "Eli,
Eli"?