From:  Aaron Lansky [E-MAIL ADDRESS]
Sent:  Sunday, January 09, 2000 2:05 PM
To:  'Reyzl Kalifowicz-Waletzky'; 'bloom (at) gis(dot)net'
Cc:  'Neil Zagorin'; 'Nancy Sherman'; 'Aaron'
Subject:  RE: Yiddish musical theater books

Dear Mr. Bloom:

Reyzl shared with me your correspondence re: the archive of the Hebrew
Actors Union.  It sounds like a crucially important resource, and by all
means should be cataloged and properly housed.

Unfortunately, the Yiddish Book Center does not collect archival materials.
 That job would best be left to the YIVO in New York.  I'd suggest you
contact YIVO's new director, Dr. Carl Rheins; he may be able to help.

Meanwhile, should you be able to identify a few "highlights" of the
collection -- perhaps a script, old posters, tickets or other ephemera --
we would try to find a way to exhibit them here as part of our overall
exhibition on Yiddish theater.  Specific arrangements may be made with our
bibliographer, Neil Zagorin, at nzagorin (at) bikher(dot)org(dot)

Again, I wish you every success in finding the right home for the overall
archive.  If I can help in any way please don't hesitate to let me know.

Best wishes,
Aaron Lansky

cc: Nancy Sherman, Editor, Pakn Treger

Aaron Lansky, President