Re: New Jewish Music

As a consumer of klezmer and other types of Jewish music cd's, I find it in
the stores under these varied categories depending on which store:

World-European listed by band alphabetically(and this includes American
bands)
World--Israel section all lumped together
Canadian (by artist/band, if it is a Canadian Band)
Worldbeat by artist/band
Folk section by artist/band

If I ask the clerk where the Klezmer music is, they'll say "all over the
store."

I find the internet really helps to find the bands, hear the sound clips and
either purchase online or go into the store knowing exactly what I want
before I get there.  You have to be an educated consumer to buy Jewish music
in Calgary!

Helen
Calgary, Alberta, Canada