Re: creepy: Hatikvah

In a message dated 12/28/99 5:35:02 PM, wiener (at) mindspring(dot)com writes:

<< The nine-stanza poem,

originally called 'Tikvatenu' (Our Hope), [and] was written in 1878 by

the itinerant Hebrew poet Naphtali Herz Imber (1856-1909)."   I guess

that Hitler can't get "credit" for that. >>

Got You Bob,
 I knew you'd be watching, so I specifically said "Hatikvah the Anthem" (of
Israel) not the poem. Unfortunately, Hitler does get credit, the world
"guilt" of the Holocaust was a primary mover in creating the Jewish State.
Simon