Re:Barry Sisters

In a message dated 10/7/99 10:03:23 AM, jenifer (at) unix(dot)tamu(dot)edu
writes:

<< A Russian Jewish musicologist friend in Baku has just written to ask me
where she can find out more about the Barry Sisters. She says "their
recordings are very popular here, but we do not know anything
about their life." I was able to tell her a little, but would
be glad to know more myself. All references, suggestions, and
ideas about where to look will be most gratefully received.

Many thanks,

Dear Jenny,

Please contact me at Klezcorner (at) aol, and I will give you a "SCOOP" on the
Barry Sisters. and will tell you EVERYTHING you would like toknow. I have
been a friend of the surviving Sister, and speak to her at least once a week.
As far as their recordings being popular in Russia, I know, their "Greatest
Yiddish Hits" compilation-which I produced is one of the most counterfited
recordings in the Soviet Union
Simon