Re: Brave Combo

Bob,

I don't know the Christmas album. The "Night on Earth" album is quite
nice, and the Hora is fine, although I don't tend to buy albums unless
I think I'll like the whole album, or there is something extraordinary.
In this case, I got it because of the former. I'm at KlezKanada at the
moment, and don't have access to the CD to think of more profound
comments.

I like Brave Combo a lot, but I can't claim that any of their Jewish
or Jewish-derived repertoire has influenced that (although I probably
would go out and purchase the CD with hava nagila on it, should they
ever release one with their version of that song).

Sorry.

ari

At 05:07 AM 8/20/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Ari,
>
>As a Brave Combo fan, perhaps you (or others) can comment on their
>following recordings:
>
>"Hanukkah, Oh, Hanukkah"    It?s Christmas
>Rounder 9033(CD)(1991)
>and
>"Hora Bialik"                            A Night on Earth
>Rounder 9029(CD/LP)
>
>Thanks,
>Bob

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->