Re: Brave Combo

At 11:32 AM 8/19/99 -0400, you wrote:
>I came across another Brave Combo track that I believe is a cover of
>Israeli music.  On its album, Group Dance Epidemic, Rounder 3719,
>appears the title ?Mana Vu?.  I'm sure that Robert Cohen can correct
>the transliteration, but can anyone determine if the number is what I
>think it is.

Yes, it is the song "Ma Na'avu". Not the best rendition I have
heard, I am afraid (which is unusual given that this is the
Brave Combo), but it is otherwise very much the Israeli folkdance
chestnut. It seems to have developed something of a rock following.
I have also heard New Orleans Klezmer Allstars perform this in the
middle of a set to get people up and dancing--although, it is very
odd to see people doing this particular dance in the middle of a
klez-rock-funk concert.

ari