Re: Classical Recordings: Jewish Significance?

Responding to the message of <8db706ad(dot)24d4948f (at) aol(dot)com>
from jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org:

> Do you have a first name for the composer Lowe?? Cause there was a Lowe who
> was definitely Jewish & did settings of folkloric music, etc., in Yiddish?
> Ilana (Kochinska)
>

> .  Karl Loewe.  Maybe I have the wrong guy.  I'd sure like to know.  I'll dig
up a source or two for the Polish legend, too, for those who are interested, but
it'll need to wait.

Alex Lubet, Ph. D.
Morse Alumni Distinguished Teaching Professor of Music
Adjunct Professor of American Studies
University of Minnesota
2106 4th St. S
Minneapolis, MN 55455