Re: Israeli Music Today

A P.S. (as usual--sorry):  It occurs to me that one of the signs of the ...
purity, for want of a better word right now, of some of the early-Israel
music is that some of it was _used_ for prayer (when it didn't derive from
Hassidic music, like Hava Nagila or Rad Halayla):  e.g., quintessentially,
"Erev Shel Shoshanim," so beloved of cantors, service leaders, and even
Shabbat-table singers--and deservedly so.  There are other examples, too
(including "Y. Shel Zahav").