Re: israeli military songs

In a message dated 7/19/99 2:08:03 PM Eastern Daylight Time, ari (at)
ivritype(dot)com
writes:

> It depends what you mean. There really aren't Israeli (which is
>  not synonymous with "Jewish," of course--there is even less need
>  for Jewish military songs :-)) military songs, per se--not in the
>  sense of "The Halls of Montezuma" or whatever the Marine Corps march
>  is. On the other hand, there was a popular set of songs from the Six
>  Day War ("Songs of the Six Day War," or some such) with the most
>  "military"-sounding Israeli songs I can recall, as much as many of
>  them dealt with peace.

There was also one of "Songs of the Yom Kippur War"; same kind of thing:
mostly pop and folk songs, many about peace and about patriotism, not much
militarism as I recall. They were released in Israel on LP after each war; I
don't know if they were ever reissued or put on CD, or if they are available
now.
-Roni