Re: What is the market for Jewish music Mag?

--On Wed, Jul 14, 1999 4:00 PM -0400 Ari Davidow <ari (at) ivritype(dot)com>
wrote:

> The niche may be much larger than we think. I have no idea why Pakn
> Trager didn't/doesn't reach a wider audience, unless it just takes time
> to get people to realize how broad the range that it covers is. I do
> know that the NYBC has cut back on the publication schedule, which is
> most unfortunate.

It's not clear to me that NYBC has tried to distribute it other than as
part of membership or at their gift shop, which is a shame because is is a
wonderful magazine (and the past two issues have touched upon the Klezmer
Revival and John Zorn). As for the reduction, I guess that NYBC felt that
they had to devote their resources to their main mission - saving and
distributing Yiddish books - rather than Pakn Trager.

Penny