Re: Magazine...Good idea

>Would Jews
>tune into a known predominatly Christian station to hear their own
>spiritual music?

No.

"Yes, Jesus saves, and now, following the god squad's stunning rendition
of "what a friend I have in the lord," we'll play this debbie friedman
number...."

I'm having trouble visualizing this as having any relevance to a
Jewish context.

And, of course, for many of us, "Jewish" music has cultural roots,
but doesn't speak (and may not have been written) to any religious
context in the first place. I'd sooner expect to hear Statman's
"Flatbush Waltz" or an excellent Freilachmaker's number on a
bluegrass show.

ari

Ari Davidow
ari (at) ivritype(dot)com
list owner, jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org
the klezmer shack: http://www.well.com/user/ari/klez/