Re: ECM

I love the ECM recordings that I have, all of which date back to the
mid-1970s, and were primarily Keith Jarrett and associated folks.
Great music, but I felt it cleaved to the stereotype.

In any event, we can take this thread to private e-mail, and encourage
people to keep eyes out for Blood Oranges at non-import prices. It is
an astounding album, as many people have testified. Complex, engaging,
very deep, and also with some wonderful =songs=. The title track is
one of my favorite modern Jewish tunes, and I had a long, long talk
with Alpert about his "Homeland" when the album came out, and all
that it represented. I am in awe of his songwriting ability. In
concert, of course, it is expressed primarily by the Yiddish improv
that he does, but in songs, it's at an even higher level.

ari