Re: Blood Oranges to be available on Red House

Hi Wolf.
ECM is a record label run by Manfred Eicher known for recording a certain
style of artist- some good examples of 'the ECM sound' would be certain
albums by the likes of John Abercrombie, Dave Holland, Jack DeJohnette
(these three have actually recorded four albums as a trio), Pat Metheny
(before he became as popular as he now is), Keith Jarrett, Jan Garbarek
etc, etc. The particular approach is characterized by high levels of
musicianship and technical skill- almost as if approaching post-post-bop
jazz (sort of the child of stuff like Wayne Shorter's Blue Note records, or
the Miles Davis late 60's quintet) as classical music and recording it that
way. I think ECM originally stood for 'Excursions in Contemporary Music' or
some such thing.
                EK