Re: Adon Olom--and borrowing melodies generally

> I asked a while ago if you were serious (OK, maybe  >I'm being clueless
here--definitely have more than a streak of that)--and would really like to
know.  (Ref. is to your Jewish take on  >"She'll Be Coming Round the
Mountain.")  Can you advise? Thx.  > >>

<< I don't know about the origins of "She'll be Coming Round the Mountain,"
 but there is a delightful interweaving of that song with "L'cha dodi"
recording by the Fabrangen Fiddlers (sp?) way way back. ari"

Well Robert i guess you didn't get my private email re: this subject. Sorry.
Anyway I heard this idea at a National Havurah Summer Institute from David
Shenear(sp?) who is part of the group Ari mentions in the second quote. David
sang the song, combining "She'll etc." with "L'cha etc." and told the story of
how "She'll etc." was really about Shabbas. I don't know whether the story is
his or whether he heard it from someone else. In any case I liked both the
concept and the weaving of the music.

l'shalom,
Suzanne H. Peters
menuhah (at) aol(dot)com