Re: Adon Olom--and borrowing melodies generally

I don't know about the origins of "She'll be Coming Round the Mountain,"
but there is a delightful interweaving of that song with "L'cha dodi"
recording by the Fabrangen Fiddlers (sp?) way way back. I was amazed
by how it all fit, and what a nice, "shabbes is coming, shabbes is coming"
feel it gave to the normally dignified and more angelic "L'cha dodi."
Not hard to imagine those hasidim in S'fat singing that version as they
left the city to go greet the Sabbath bride.

My two cents, at any rate,
ari