ladino translations

I am teaching an Adult Beginning Hebrew class. One of my students is a
singer who has a good-sized collection of sheet music, some in Hebrew, some
in Yiddish, some in Ladino.

She wants to have it translated. I know who to send her to for Hebrew and
Yiddish translation, but I'm not aware of anybody locally who reads Ladino.

I know that Ladino is its own language separate from Spanish, but it looks
to me like a person fluent in Spanish would understand close to 90% of the
text. Would it make sense for me to refer her to a Spanish translator?

Perhaps a Spanish translator who could lay hands on a Ladino dictionary? Is
there such a dictionary? (Ladino to English or Ladino to Spanish?)

Any help would be appreciated.

Amy Loewenthal
Math Tutor Coordinator
Student Support Services, Centralia College
(360) 736-9391 x547