persian/klezmer dance

Ari
PERSIA
do you know the name of the persian band or have  a contact?
I play violin with a middle-eastern music and dance group which last year
had a guest dancer who was researching persian dance (with difficulty). I
really enjoyed the music and the dance she was doing was quite different to
beledi etc.
thanks Ernie
KLEZMER
ps has anyone written a book or done a video teaching "old-time" klezmer
dance yet?  I had a great time going to Michael Alpert's workshops (also
Leon Blank) in Cracow last year and Steven Weintraub led dances at KlezKamp
West. I am keen to teach or encourage dance teachers here to keep this
tradition live. My klezmer band plays and people make up their own dances
but it would be good to revive and maintain and grow on what was I
understand once a strong tradition.

>A a Russian cultural festival in Brighton Beach, Brooklyn, that was
>partially organized by Michael Alpert last summer, they included a
>band that played music of this region. It was not only lively and
>wonderful Persian-ish (to pin down one influence with which I was
>somewhat familiar), but the dance floor was packed! It also reminded
>me of Buhkarian music, a bit. This sounds very exciting.
>
>ari

KALEIDOSCOPE MUSIC
Management for Jugularity, Klezmeritis & Kalinka
Agency for acoustic musicians  (jazz, classical, celtic, gypsy etc)
Phone/Fax +613 9386 7108          2 Cole Crescent, East Coburg 3058,
Australia
               JUGULARITY   http://www-personal.monash.edu.au/~sci148k/
_________
JUGS :  Feb 13 Benefit MEDECINS SANS FRONTIERES at Corner Hotel Richmond
             ----  also Tiddas, Tulipan, Sock, Adana, Dalriada, Touche
YALLA : CERES 8 Lee St, Brunswick Feb 12 : Middle-Eastern music and dance
KLEZMERITIS : Port Fairy Folk Festival