[Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Re: Correction]]]

Reyzl Kalifowicz-Waletzky wrote:

> Wolf, we all know the history you presented

Really?

(me - only generally).   But notice that your earlier post to which I
commented, associated rock n roll, which is 1950's music,
 with bordellos.  In this post, you are talking about the 1920s, 30's
and 40's - the period of jazz, blues, dixie, etc.   You ain't a' said
nothin' about rock n' roll and the fifties.   Prohibition was long
over.   So I still don't see any evidence.

> Reyzl

Reyzl:

Please read what I wrote again so you don't twist my words to suit your
own insistent beliefs.  Where do you think the jazzbands were primarily
employed,  at  church socials and tea parties?

This is what I wrote:
 > >One of the Black man's greatest contributions to world civilization
is
> > >blues music, from which jazz, rock n roll and other music derive.
> > >Barrelhouse and jazz was born in  bordello (or sportin' house) parlors,
> > >both to complement and stimulate the upstairs activities.

Nowhere in the aforementioned paragraph  do I  directly link rock and
roll to the whorehouse, but I most certainly do link jazz to it.

But, since you insist on forcing the issue,  I will further mention that
the word "jazz" itself is a euphemism for (sexual) coming.  And
furthermore,  the early jazzmen played till they intentionally "creamed
their jeans".

With your yeshiva background, you  may  find that difficult to swallow.

And, no, I didn't learn that in any college course, so I can't cite
chapter and verse; sorry.  This is just a little musicians' lore I
picked up on the road.  I think it came up in a conversation  with Tim
Hardin (O"H) years ago;  I was just a kid and kids tend to remember this
sort of "racy" stuff.

I'm sure that with a little research, you will be able to find an
acceptable academic source for the origin of the word "jazz", though.

Wolf

PS -- I will also mention that the jazz, blues and rock and roll
scholars I mentioned, all LOVE the music they wrote about. None of them
ever "besmirched" it, by writing  the truth.   Your choice of this word
(besmirched) in relation to the historical origins of jazz reveal your
own hang-ups about this organic relationship and perhaps moral qualms
about sex-for-pay -- with all due respect.

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->