anti-Semitic music...

Simon,

You're right on with the Michael Jackson.

I'll have to check to do some research to see if that particular rap
album included such material.  I know that others did.

I asked for more information because I've been on the look-out for
anti-Semitic music developing a program on it.  There's a dilemma
here.  On the one hand I think that we should be aware of such
material so that we can be on guard.  On the other hand I hate the
idea of buying it (and thereby giving the creators/producers money for
it) and giving it an airing.

On balance, I think that in the right context it would serve a
positive purpose.  After all, the Wiesenthal Center has similar
exhibits.

Unfortunately, I've found more material (in popular and classical
music) than any of us would like, largely through the print media, the
ADL, or by word of mouth.  Part of the problem in such a program is
whether to include material created by Jews (mostly comedy) that might
be construed as anti-Semitic (e.g., "Springtime for Hitler" and "Jap
Rap").

Bob

P.S. If anyone thinks that this is not a suitable topic for the group
to discuss, please respond privately (or not at all).  In any case, I
would appreciate help in identifying anti-Semitic material,
particularly if it is from contemporary genres of music with which I
wouldn't be familiar (e.g., rap).