Re: Chanukah Song

<<This is a little late,but there is an absolutely hysterical and wonderful
>Chanukah Rap song, "Hanukkah Homeboy" by Doc Mo She'.

Simon and I may have to agree to disagree here. In my house, the
recording was so trivial that people didn't want to sit through
even the whole five minutes. The idea of a good Jewish Hanukah
rap song is neat, but we weren't convinced that this was it.

A video of this song was sent to MTV where everybody loved it, they didn't
play it because.(in code) it was too Jewish.  The artist got it played on E!
(cabel tv) and received call from such a diverse crowd, including Arnold
Shwartseneger(sp).
When I first heard it, I was a little put off by it, but after watching the
video I appreciated it  a bit more.  The recordings was definately a comedy
recordings, but it was not a put down. It was ment to be a fun record, not one
that made fun of being Jewish.
Also you have to remember that this was recorded about 5 years ago, and
herewere a lot of VERY ani-Semitic recordings on the radio. This was to be an
answer to the anti-Semitic lyric. Unfortunately you cannot see what is
happening  without the video, but in the end the entire ensemble which
includes many Black rap artists are doing a Hora around a giantr Menorah.
Describing it doesn't convey what the song is all about. but it is a veryt
possitive and FUN tune. Not ment to go down in history as the greatest song
ever written.
Simon

After posting the message the other day aboout the song, I looked to see if I
had any cassettes let of the song. I found a few and played them in the shop
-sold alot of them.

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->