A Correction-Dreamworks and CAJE 23

Regarding my previous posts to Hanashir, Jewish-Music and Other Lists
regarding The Prince of Egypt, Dreamworks SKG and the tie-in promotional
CDs:

It has been brought to my attention that my information was incorrect.
Dreamworks SKG was in fact sought after and invited to participate in the
CAJE conference. My previous statements were based on my limited knowledge
of the arrangements that resulted in their presenting a preview of The
Prince of Egypt at CAJE 23.

However, this information does not change my feelings that it was
unfortunate that Dreamworks SKG did not seek to create a tie-in promotional
CD featuring contemporary Jewish artists in addition to the Christian and
Country tie-in CDs.

It has been suggested that my approach to this situation has been critical
and not constructive. That is, perhaps the case. Nevertheless, it has
obviously succeeded in garnering some attention from the Dreamworks folks.

If you are a Jewish artist, and interested in contributing to a project to
present to Dreamworks a demo recording of original compositions based on the
story of The Prince of Egypt or other biblical themes (for potential future
feature films) and to make Dreamworks aware of the Jewish music community, I
would be interested in hearing from you.

Unless Dreamworks would be forthcoming with some free passes, I guess you'll
have to go see the film at your own expense so you can write a song in
reaction to it.

Chag Sameach,

Adrian

Adrian A. Durlester
Adrian A. Durlester  -  durleste (at) home(dot)com
http://members.home.net/durleste/
Student, Vanderbilt University Divinity School
http://divinity.lib.vanderbilt.edu/vds/vds-home.htm
Music Director, Congregation Micah, Nashville, TN
http://www.micahnash.org/
Home phone (615) 646-9788
Nextel cel-phone (615) 207-2661
You can page me from http://www.nextel.com
List-Owner for hanashir (at) shamash(dot)org; Co-Owner for L-Torah (at)
shamash(dot)org
http://uahc.org/hanashir
Editor, Bim Bam (for Torah Aura Productions)
http://www.torahaura.com/
Evening Program Chair, CAJE 23 - San Antonio TX, Aug 9-13, 1998
http://www.caje.org
Alternate Email: aad (at) iname(dot)com  adriand (at) aol(dot)com

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->